Sam Parr (@theSamParr) and Shaan Puri (@ShaanVP) are joined by Anthony Pompliano (@APompliano) to hear about his time at Facebook and kick around a few ideas. In today’s episode Pomp talks about his experience at Facebook and Snapchat (4:05), Pomp gives the background on how he got into tech after a career in the Army (11:25), Sam expounds on the book Tribes and the impact he thinks it can have on businesses looking to build camaraderie (18:50), Pomp pitches how to reinvent dating apps to be more authentic (24:25), all three of the guys talk about how to get customers to “hook” to your product (33:05), Shaan talks about the future of automation (41:05), the group talks about how good training programs can be huge recruitment tools (50:00).
- https://twitter.com/APompliano: Anthony “Pomp” Pompliano
- Investments Pomp’s made: https://www.imperfectfoods.com/ (Pomp invested at $12m valuation), https://www.everlywell.com/ (Pomp invested at a $15m valuation), https://cubcoats.com/
- Book recommendation: https://www.amazon.com/Tribe-Homecoming-Belonging-Sebastian-Junger/dp/1455566381
- https://lunchclub.ai/: Helps you make professional connections
- https://thehustle.co/04212020-silicon-valley-clubhouse/: Audio-only social network
- https://muzmatch.com/en-US/: Dating app for muslims
- https://dilmil.co/: Indian dating app
- https://launchdarkly.com/: Another example of an “export business”. LaunchDarkly is a “feature management” tool whose origin was within Facebook.
- https://amplitude.com/: Helps companies boost engagement by analyzing data to show what signals to look for.
- https://twitter.com/sweatystartup: Storage investor and service business advocate.
- https://www.healthstream.com/: Teaches medical personnel latest procedures. An example of a
- https://www.eagletransfer.com/: Commercial moving business owned by Sam’s father-in-law.
- https://pos.toasttab.com/: POS restaurant system
- https://bit.ly/2XR7sSY Convo between Kevin Systrom and Matt Cohler, on selling Instagram to Facebook
This episode is presented by Tempo! Check them out at tempo.fit and use code “TempoHustle” for $100 off.
Joined our private FB group yet? It’s a page where people share each others million dollar ideas or what they’re already working on: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ourfirstmillion.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.