Sam Parr (@theSamParr) and Shaan Puri (@ShaanVP) invite Steph Smith (@stephsmithio) on the pod today. Stephen is an employee at The Hustle, world traveler and all around indie-hacker. In today’s episode you’ll hear: Shaan and Sam introduce Steph (0:40), Steph introduces a fresh idea around remote/WFH by tackling all of the needs of someone newly adjusting to WFH life (4:00), the group talked about unorthodox company perks (12:10), Sam and the group brainstorm around “What are the most interesting 1-3 person operations you’ve seen?” (16:30), Steph pitches an idea of becoming the agency for celebrities because most celebrities have terrible web presence (24:00), Steph’s third idea revolves around HIPAA compliant (or other compliance) services and creating first-mover advantages by tracking legislation (30:15), Steph introduces the guys to a reddit tool that allows you to mind map topics on Reddit (36:00), the group talks about the advantages of tracking insider trades (40:30), Sam talks about a company called FION which is building A technology platform that allows you to track and predict where wildfires will start and spread (46:00), Steph talks about hiring gen-zers to build corporate training material (50:00),
Companies, people and resources mentioned:
- Benefits company: https://www.compt.io/
- Benefits company: https://www.hoppier.com/
- Live music discovery platform: https://www.keyvalues.com/
- Peter Levels @levelsio
- Fastest growing Inc 5000 company: https://www.onetrust.com/
- Related subreddit tool: https://anvaka.github.io/sayit/?query=
- Nuclear energy girl: https://twitter.com/isaboemeke
- Gen Z Mafia https://genzmafia.com/
- Insider trading reporting: https://finviz.com/insidertrading.ashx
- Wildfire tracker: fion.tech
- Art school game: https://artsqool.cool/
Check out this week’s sponsor: Ourcrowd. They make it easy to invest in early startups. Go to ourcrowd.com/thehustle to get started.
Joined our private FB group yet? It’s a page where people share each others million dollar ideas or what they’re already working on: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ourfirstmillion.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.