In this episode Sam (@theSamParr) and Shaan (@ShaanVP) are joined by solo capitalist Brianne Kimmel (@briannekimmel). They talk about how Bri got started in investing, the pros and cons of her busy schedule, and discuss some of the unicorns she’s invested in. They also discuss a cool use of deepfakes, how VCs make money, and whether or not college is worth the price of admission.
* Want to be featured in a future episode? Drop your question/comment/criticism/love here: https://www.mfmpod.com/p/hotline/
* Support the pod by spreading the word, become a referrer here: https://refer.fm/million
* Have you joined our private Facebook group yet? Go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/ourfirstmillion and join thousands of other entrepreneurs and founders scheming up ideas.
* (1:00) Intro
* (2:25) The Shake Up – a new podcast on the HubSpot Podcast Network
* (6:52) GPT-3 and Anthony Bourdain
* (11:40) A cool use of deepfakes
* (13:31) Meet Brianne Kimmel
* (16:14) Bri’s crazy schedule
* (21:39) How VCs make money
* (37:33) Hot spaces Bri sees
* (40:54) Is higher education worth it?
* (50:31) Winners Bri sees in her portfolio