In this episode Sam (@theSamParr) and Shaan (@ShaanVP) break down a multi-million dollar opportunity to unbundle Etsy ($24B market cap). Shaan also shares how he would approach it if he were doing it himself. The guys also talk about the multi-billion dollar elevator industry, a training program to become an MMA fighter, and whether tax incentives make Canada an attractive place to run a startup.
* Want to be featured in a future episode? Drop your question/comment/criticism/love here: https://www.mfmpod.com/p/hotline/
* Support the pod by spreading the word, become a referrer here: https://refer.fm/million
* Have you joined our private Facebook group yet? Go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/ourfirstmillion and join thousands of other entrepreneurs and founders scheming up ideas.
* (1:10) Intro
* (3:30) The elevator industry
* (11:08) Unbundling Etsy
* (22:43) A crash course to become an MMA fighter
* (28:02) Mental Fitness
* (39:01) Moving to Canada + SRED credits
* (45:53) Reese Witherspoon’s massive exit
* (51:45) Delta airlines meet Delta variant