In this episode Sam (@theSamParr) and Shaan (@ShaanVP) discuss alternatives to a 40 Hour Workweek. They start off with Tim Ferriss & his ideas around mini retirements followed by the work ethic & career drive of people outside the US. They then dive into Naval Ravikant and his origin story, his thoughts on work, and his vision for the future of work. They end the episode with a few stories about rattlesnakes and bees.
* Want to be featured in a future episode? Drop your question/comment/criticism/love here: https://www.mfmpod.com/p/hotline/
* Support the pod by spreading the word, become a referrer here: https://refer.fm/million
* Have you joined our private Facebook group yet? Go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/ourfirstmillion and join thousands of other entrepreneurs and founders scheming up ideas.
* (1:04) The 40 Hour Workweek
* (3:56) The Science of Fear
* (7:57) What Shaan learned from The Four Hour Workweek
* (11:23) Mini retirements
* (13:35) What it’s like in other countries
* (17:35) Living like a lion or cow
* (20:04) Shaan on Naval
* (27:05) How to get rich without getting lucky
* (29:27) The future of work
* (36:51) The history of writing
* (41:17) Beware of the rattle snack
* (48:05) Bert behind Bert’s Bees