Andrew Wilkinson (@awilkinson) co-founder of Tiny, was interviewed by Andrew Barry of On Deck at a special event. They discussed:
– His start as a designer and how great product and design became the common thread that runs through the businesses he tries to buy.
– How to think about building a moat around you when you’re an individual versus a brand.
– What he means when he says he “tries to buy businesses that are like New Zealand — in the middle of nowhere, quietly successful, and away from nuclear war.”
– How he analyzes businesses and the diligence that he does on them.
– How to think about customer acquisition when you don’t have a big budget.
– His advice for first-time founders.
– Why he’s excited about the podcasting space.
Thanks for listening — if you like what you hear, please review us on your favorite podcast platform.
Check us out on the web at www.villageglobal.vc or get in touch with us on Twitter @villageglobal.
Want to get updates from us? Subscribe to get a peek inside the Village. We’ll send you reading recommendations, exclusive event invites, and commentary on the latest happenings in Silicon Valley. www.villageglobal.vc/signup