Don’t Make This Blogging Mistake
In episode #1731, we talk about a big mistake bloggers often make and how to avoid as well as rectify it. When people start blogging, often what happens is that they get a spike in traffic initially and then things go downhill from there. This is because they blog about the same topic over and over. Tune in and hear how to organize your content so that each piece ranks for different keywords!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Don’t Make This Blogging Mistake.
- [00:27] Most bloggers experience a decline in traffic over time.
- [00:56] The danger of blogging about the same topic over and over.
- [01:28] How the same keywords cause ranking cannibalization.
- [02:14] Using child pieces to rank back up to pillar pages.
- [02:46] The value of using a content library to monitor duplications.
- [02:55] Searching your blog for used keywords before writing a new post.
- [02:55] How to fix cannibalization using combination and 301 redirects.
- [03:19] Remember to rate, review, and subscribe to this show!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us: