Andrew Wilkinson (@awilkinson), Co-Founder of Tiny, joins Sam Parr (@theSamParr) and Shaan Puri (@ShaanVP) to talk about how he found joy through a four-week dopamine fast, why it can be better to make safer “cruise ship investments” rather than startup investments, how Andrew’s last appearance led him to start a D2C maternal healthy company, and much more.
* Do you love MFM and want to see Sam and Shaan’s smiling faces? Subscribe to our Youtube channel.
* Want more insights like MFM? Check out Shaan’s newsletter.
* 00:20 – Andrew’s monk-like retreat from technology
* 01:45 – What triggered his “digital meltdown”
* 09:20 – The power of a 4-week dopamine fast
* 22:40 – Why Andrew bought Aeropress
* 30:45 – “Cruise ship investing” vs “speed boat investing”
* 37:30 – The benefits (or lack thereof) of being famous
* 39:33 – How coming on MFM led Andrew to be able to start a DTC pregnancy health company
* 49:15 – Readwise and the Feynman method for learning
* 52:41 – The pitfall of constant optimization
* 01:07:35 – When Andrew met Steve Jobs
* 01:17:32 – Elon Musk & Jeff Bezos’s Twitter beef