Jack Smith (@_jacksmith) is the most clever entrepreneur I know. He’s cofounded multiple startups: Vungle, Coin, Shyp. With Vungle recently selling for $750M, we talk about his early businesses as a kid, selling prank itching powder on the playground – all the way to his infamous “LinkedIn Hack” that got him his first $120k investment check.
* Want to be featured in a future episode? Drop your question/comment/criticism/love here: https://www.mfmpod.com/p/hotline/
* Support the pod by spreading the word, become a referrer here: https://refer.fm/million
* Have you joined our private Facebook group yet? Go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/ourfirstmillion and join thousands of other entrepreneurs and founders scheming up ideas.
* (1:05) Episode Intro by Sam
* (4:10) Who is Jack Smith?
* (9:30) How Jack hustled as a 12-year-old
* (13:55) Jack on productivity and procrastination
* (21:26) How Jack raised for Vungle
* (31:13) How Shaan got his in at Monkey Inferno
* (35:16) The early iterations of Vungle
* (41:37) How Jack leveraged his beginner’s mindset
* (45:19) Jack on VC norms & selling his stock
* (49:44) What Jack would do if he was 20 again