In episode #1766, we share a few different approaches to purchasing businesses that don’t require you to put any of your own capital on the table. We spoke previously about the value of investing in hard assets during inflationary periods, and a business is another form of hard asset. So if you can get a hard asset right now by spending no money, that is a double whammy. Tune in and hear which types of businesses to look for and how to buy them using seller financing, capital raising, and call options!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How to Buy A Business with No Money Down.
- [00:25] Why the idea that you have to spend money to buy a business is false.
- [01:05] Use seller-based financing to pay off the seller while you run their business.
- [02:15] The abundance of businesses to be bought from senior business owners.
- [02:47] How to raise capital for the downpayment of an acquisition.
- [03:47] Failing businesses are cheaper to buy but more work to fix.
- [04:00] Another option in the form of buying a business using a call option.
- [04:36] Go to marketingschool.io/live to hang out with Neil and Eric in September.
Get ad-free listening plus exclusive content with Marketing School Pro. Try for free at www.marketingschool.io/pro
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us: