In episode #1778, we talk about the qualities in employees that make their employers want to give them promotions. At the end of the day, you might get a promotion if you ask for one, but this strategy is the one that we recommend the least. What bosses want to see in their employees is a willingness to go above and beyond, and what’s more, people are willing to pay top dollar for talent these days.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How To Get A Promotion At Work.
- [00:54] Going above and beyond and what employers want to see in employees.
- [01:39] Coming to your boss with solutions rather than problems.
- [02:16] Giving your boss a feeling of relief by volunteering to solve problems.
- [02:55] People are willing to pay top dollar for talent.
- [04:45] The worst way to get a promotion is by asking for one.
- [05:04] Go to marketingschool.io/live to hang out with Neil and Eric in September.
Get ad-free listening plus exclusive content with Marketing School Pro. Try for free at www.marketingschool.io/pro
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us: