In episode #1829, we talk about the new Google updates, the effects they have had on traffic across the board, and what you can do about this. While algorithm changes have knocked the traffic of almost all industries, the more diverse your traffic sources are, the less affected you will be. Tune in and hear more about this and other strategies for keeping afloat in the changing landscape of SEO.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: It’s Not Just You, Everyone’s Web Traffic Is Down.
- [00:36] The Google update and how this has affected traffic.
- [01:19] A deeper dive into the traffic drops and rises different industries are seeing.
- [02:12] Diversifying the sources of your traffic to safeguard yourself.
- [02:47] What to do if your traffic is down.
- [02:48] Tweaking title tags, checking for cannibalization, and updating old content.
- [03:18] Playing with leading, consolidating, and upgrading content.
- [03:49] While traffic is dipping, conversion rates are climbing.
- [04:27] Optimizing for everything: conversions, funnels, and sales teams.
- [04:50] That’s it for today!
- [04:51] Go to marketingschool.io/live to get access to our virtual and live events.
Get ad-free listening plus exclusive content with Marketing School Pro. Try for free at www.marketingschool.io/pro
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us: