In episode #1842, Neil and Eric talk about the biggest mistakes they made while growing their agencies, and along the way they give a few tips for how to do things correctly. Our hosts touch on hiring, focus, leadership, relationships, education, marketing, and a whole lot more!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Mistakes That Neil and Eric Made While Growing Their Agencies.
- [00:29] Avoiding an overly casual approach to managing people.
- [01:14] Realizing the importance of relationships for building a business.
- [01:47] The value of a broad base of the right types of clients.
- [02:17] Hiring people who have done what you need before.
- [02:25] The best ways to get new customers in Neil’s opinion.
- [02:51] Focusing and drilling down on your central offer.
- [03:25] Using the correct hiring methods.
- [03:41] Doing M&A when you are further down the road.
- [05:20] That’s it for today!
- [05:21] Go to marketingschool.io/live to learn more about our upcoming live event.
Get ad-free listening plus exclusive content with Marketing School Pro. Try for free at www.marketingschool.io/pro
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us: