“Most people underestimate what you can do in 10 years”.
In this episode we give examples of great startups that took longer than you thought to build. Then, we give tactics on how to overcome this…how to keep going through years of hard work. This is a very special episode. Tweet Sam (@thesamparr) if you want to see more of them.
* Want to be featured in a future episode? Drop your question/comment/criticism/love here: https://www.mfmpod.com/p/hotline/
* Support the pod by spreading the word, become a referrer here: https://refer.fm/million
* Have you joined our private Facebook group yet? Go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/ourfirstmillion and join thousands of other entrepreneurs and founders scheming up ideas.
* (1:02) Intro to episode
* (5:56) Tim Westergren on Pandora’s origins
* (7:56) Sam’s commentary
* (10:48) Vlad Magdalin on Webflow’s struggles
* (12:44) Sam’s commentary
* (13:45) Steve Jobs on Passion
* (14:27) Sam’s commentary
* (18:46) Tim Westergren’s speech
* (19:54) Sam’s commentary
* (20:52) What drove Vlad to keep trying
* (22:13) Sam’s commentary
* (24:04) Chris Sacca on Travis Kalanick’s competitiveness
* (25:09) Sam’s commentary
* (26:43) A story about Travis’ first business
* (27:13) Sam’s commentary
* (29:19) Marc Cuban on focusing
* (29:53) Sam’s commentary
* (34:21) What drives Chamath
* (36:12) Episode close