About: Peter Diamandis is the Founder & Executive Chairman of the XPRIZE Foundation, which leads the world in designing and operating large-scale incentive competitions. He is also the Executive Founder and Director of Singularity University, a global learning and innovation community using exponential technologies to tackle the world’s biggest challenges and build a better future for all.
As an entrepreneur, Diamandis has started over 20 companies in the areas of longevity, space, venture capital, and education. He is also co-founder of BOLD Capital Partners, a venture fund with $500m investing in exponential technologies. Diamandis earned degrees in Molecular Genetics and Aerospace Engineering from MIT and holds an M.D. from Harvard Medical School.
* Want to be featured in a future episode? Drop your question/comment/criticism/love here: https://www.mfmpod.com/p/hotline/
* Support the pod by spreading the word, become a referrer here: https://refer.fm/million
* Have you joined our private Facebook group yet? Go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/ourfirstmillion and join thousands of other entrepreneurs and founders scheming up ideas.
* (1:02) Peter’s background
* (5:07) The science of longevity
* (10:26) What are the sub-verticals in longevity?
* (14:47) How long can humans live?
* (18:49) Will longevity lead to overpopulation?
* (23:09) How living to 130 will affect finance
* (24:34) Why Peter is investing in Bitcoin
* (33:53) The intersection of Bitcoin and longevity
* (34:40) Will there be a crypto Xprize?
* (35:34) Peter’s space career (including the first XPrize)
* (40:12) Why SpaceX’s achievements are so impressive
* (42:20) Musk vs. Bezos
* (46:53) The importance of mindset
* (53:34) How to change your media diet
* (56:31) What is the superpower for Musk, Bezos, Larry Page, Richard Branson?
Links mentioned in podcast:
* XPrize (https://www.xprize.org/)
* Peter’s newsletter (https://www.diamandis.com/subscribe)
* Futureloop (https://www.futureloop.com/)
* Peter Diamandis website (https://www.diamandis.com/)
* Peter’s Bitcoin webinar with Michael Saylor (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFxEM29LyeE)
* Peter interviews Elon Musk for the $100m carbon removal Xprize (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN88HPUm6j0)