In episode #1685, we talk about the paradox of expert versus beginner content. Drawing inspiration from Rand Fishkin’s article on the topic, Neil and Eric share their thoughts, what they have experienced, and make the case for producing a mix of content. Be sure to tune in to hear it all!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: The Paradox of Expert Vs. Beginner Content.
- [00:40] The idea behind Rand Fishkin’s article that inspired this episode.
- [00:56] Differences between beginner and expert content.
- [01:20] There are different levels of amplification based on different content.
- [01:38] What Neil has noticed about beginner versus expert content and what his team has done about it.
- [02:14] Content either gets backlinks and social shares or search traffic, not usually all three.
- [02:28] The type of content that sits at the beginner-expert nexus.
- [03:22] Expert content takes time to produce but people will want to share it.
- [03:43] The type of content you produce depends on so many factors.
- [03:55] That’s it for today!
- [03:55] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or call us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
‘The Paradox of Content Marketing to Beginners vs. Experts’
Search Engine Land
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us: