In episode #1798, we talk about product-led growth and why we find it such an effective marketing tactic that we would invest 10M in it. Giving away a product for free is an extremely good way to build an audience that can then be monetized at a later stage. Even though this tactic does not produce immediate returns, it brings in a ton of money in the long term. Tune in to hear how delayed gratification wins at the end of the day!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
[00:25] Today’s topic: The Surprising Marketing Tactic We Would Invest 10M Into Right Now.
- [00:40] Investing in free tools that gobble up the marketplace.
- [01:07] Leveraging an audience built off a free tool through upsells.
- [01:27] This tactic is more cost-effective than advertising.
- [01:31] The long-run effectiveness of controlling a big buyer pool.
- [01:41] Examples of product-led growth.
- [02:29] Examples of companies investing in ‘free’.
- [03:52] That’s it for today!
- [03:53] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or call us on 310-349-3785!
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us: